An extraordinary entrepreneurial adventure, CMA CGM is a family business which has become a world leader in just 39 years. Today it unveils its new ambition through a new slogan, a new visual identity and new graphic identity. This new ambition reflects our values of initiative, boldness and imagination, our ability to innovate and our determination to continue the Group's development.
SHIPPING THE FUTURE: CMA CGM unveils its new ambition
This Wednesday, June 28, 2017, the CMA CGM Group unveils its new ambition and new image.
Tanya Saadé Zeenny
Executive Officer of the Group
New ambition: SHIPPING THE FUTURE
2017 is a landmark year for CMA CGM opening a new chapter in its history with the nomination of Rodolphe Saadé as Chief Executive Officer of the Group on February 7th, the launch of OCEAN Alliance, the largest maritime operational alliance in the world, and the potential acquisition of Mercosul in Brazil.
Upon becoming Chief Executive Officer, Rodolphe Saadé set a new strategic course with 4 priorities for the Group:
- "Customer Centricity" by creating genuinely innovative partnerships with our customers,
- Continued development in maritime, inland and logistics sectors,
- Innovation and Digitalization,
- Enhanced expertise combined with an agile organization.
This new strategy has a name: "SHIPPING THE FUTURE".
New logo: Bolder and more powerful
This new ambition must be reflected in the Group's image, with a new logo, the eighth since the company was founded in 1978. This logo exemplifies the power and energy of CMA CGM.
It is built on a unique typography and two new colors, recalling the French national colors. It was designed by the company Brandimage.
All the brands of the CMA CGM Group will adopt this new typography, bringing coherence and strength to the Group’s entities.
A new visual, to go beyond all imaginable borders
This visual symbolizes CMA CGM’s values: initiative, boldness, imagination and integrity. It shows the Group’s energy and ability to innovate.
It is resolutely turned towards the future and innovation and reinforces our image worldwide.
With this visual, CMA CGM demonstrates that it can go beyond all imaginable boundaries.
It was developed by DDB Dubai.
An event embodied by the Group's 29,000 employees
For this strategy to be carried by its first ambassadors, the 29,000 employees of the Group, an important communication plan was implemented:
- On the CMA CGM Tour in Marseilles: a 528 m² adhesive visual has been affixed on the Tower's sea front symbol of the Group's strength and reinforcing its image worldwide
- In the Tower and in all the Group's agencies worldwide: the 29,000 employees are the Group’s first ambassadors and will embody this ambition in the 160 countries where CMA CGM operates.
- On social networks: this new ambition is also relayed by social networks where multiple videos and visuals are posted.