Direct access to the departure and arrival times for this country
CMA CGM Lebanon
š Subscribe to the Local NewsøHide
2Port(s) of calls
40Years of presence
CMA CGM from Lebanon all the way to the world
CMA CGM Group, led by Rodolphe Saadé, is steering into the future with new partnerships, customer-centric innovations and state-of-the-art digitalization.
CMA CGM is the story of a visionary entrepreneur Jacques R. Saadé who back in 1978, anticipated the revolutionary potential of the container for international trade with the creation of the Compagnie Maritime d’Affrètement (CMA).From one ship, four employees and a single maritime link between Beirut, Latakia, Livorno and Marseille, the family business has grown to become one of the world’s leading transport and logistics groups with 511 vessels calling at 420 ports in 160 countries and 110,000 employees spread over 755 offices worldwide and 750 warehouses.
Throughout the years, CMA CGM has built its success on its values of boldness, initiative, imagination, and integrity.
Although the Group has a global reach, it has never forgotten its Lebanese roots, and continuously looks to strengthen its commitment to Lebanon and contribute to the economic and maritime development of the country.
Today, CMA CGM Lebanon is a major actor in shipping and logistics through its agency Merit Shipping. Its 220 employees provide the market with international expertise, value-added offerings and an unmatched quality of service, covering import, export, and cross trade operations in reefer and dry containers.
Lebanon Key Facts:
• 9 services with 12 weekly calls to Lebanon, serving 9 calls to Beirut Port and 3 calls to the port of Tripoli.
• In Beirut, we handle about 344,894 full containers annually; 29% of the total traffic of the port.
• In Tripoli, we handle 83% of the port’s volume. Our investments include the opening of new offices and an offering of 5,000m2 of storage space in the container terminal yard of the port.
• The Beqaa Dry Port supports fruit and vegetables producers and develop agriculture in the country.
• The Levant Regional Office based in Lebanon covers Syria, Jordan, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon, Cyprus and Iraq.
• CMA CGM has become a main player in the startups ecosystem by partnering with the incubator Smart ESA.
• CMA CGM Academy in Lebanon positions education as an important pillar in the Group’s strategy, which includes continuous training and partnerships with key Universities.
• The Group constantly recruits young graduates as well as experienced talents to integrate its international network.
• CMA CGM Foundation demonstrates our social commitment towards vulnerable children.
9 Weekly Services Connecting Lebanon to the Rest of the World
CMA CGM is a major player in the shipping activity in Lebanon. The Group offers 9 services with 12 weekly calls to Lebanon, serving 9 calls to Beirut Port and 3 calls to the port of Tripoli, connecting the country to the rest of the world.
Direct service from Valencia, Barcelona, Fos Sur Mer & Genoa to Beirut- Fastest transit time in the market from Beirut to Jeddah (3 days), Jebel Ali, (10 days)- Direct service from Beirut to South East Asia, China & Korea.
Direct service from Far East Asia to Beirut & Tripoli - Direct service from Beirut to South & North Turkey, and the Black Sea.
Direct service from Europe North Continent ports to Beirut as well as Beirut/North Continent-Provides fastest connection from East Coast South America to Beirut via Tangiers Med hub-Connects Beirut to West Africa with 1 transship in Algeciras, providing the best transit time.
Service connecting CMA CGM Malta hub port & South Turkey directly to Beirut & Tripoli - Connects Beirut & Tripoli directly to Algiers & Egypt Med ports.
Connects Beirut & Tripoli directly with main East Med ports.
Direct connections between Adriatic ports and Beirut as well as Levant ports, and a wide number of connections via Piraeus from and to Far East, Middle East, India, Marmara Sea, Black Sea, Algeria.
Direct service from Portugal & Italian ports of La Spezia & Livorno to Beirut as well as East Mediterranean countries and access to all Algeria destinations via Marseille.
Direct service from Castellon to Lebanon as well as Egypt, and South Turkey, (in addition to dedicated service and best transit time between Spain and East Med, and door to door solutions)
Connects Beirut directly with main East Med ports.
Digitization and the e-commerce development are top priorities for The CMA CGM Group. Our goal is to help you save time and improve performance by taking advantage of a new modern shipping experience.
Digitization eases and simplifies the relationship with customers to provide them a flawless and more efficient customer experience. Customer centricity and digitization are at the center of the Group’s strategy : we are pleased to introduce you to CMA CGM eSolutions.
- CMA CGM eSolutions: a 100% digital eco-system
- New range of features to digitize the customer experience
- A new sales channel offered to our customers
Please contact Mailour eCommerce team for any question or training on our eCommerce website.