Procedures & Regulations
The exporting activity involves several commercial and regulatory procedures. These procedures also involve considerable documentation requirements.
The export documentation involves several steps: once the negotiation of rate is completed and conditions are acceptable to the Carrier, the Customer may place a booking with CMA CGM Rus. It is important to be aware that the exportation of certain goods may be prohibited or restricted. This means that certain goods may not be exported at all, while other goods may be exported only with a valid license /authorization. If clarification of any matter relating to prohibitions or restrictions is required you should contact our export team.
The International Maritime Organization (IMO) has amended the SOLAS convention under regulation 2 of chapter VI which mandates the declaration of the Verified Gross Mass (VGM) of a packed container before loading on board vessels within a precise cut-off date/ time to the shipping line and/or port terminal authorities.
Acknowledging this major change in the industry, a new step has been added to the Cargo Export process. CMA CGM Group has put particular attention into making this task as easy as possible for you. To achieve this, the functionality we propose relies on two factors:
- Visibility on the current VGM status of your shipments: a VGM dashboard will provide a global vision of the status of all your shipments so that you can always know if you are up to date
- Easy submission of your VGM data: though our Excel template based mass upload functionality. This tutorial will show how to use these two functionalities.
We can also arrange VGM procedure on your behalf. Please contact our Export teams for tariffs and terms.
To deliver laden container to the port please use attached CMR and Rail waybill instructions.
We remind you that all the containers should be duly sealed in accordance with CMA CGM seal policy
Goods may be shipped out of Russia only after Customs clearance has been obtained.
In case your shipment is destined one of OFAC sanctions countries, please fill in Compliance Booking form:
Please make sure you are familiar with main procedures for handling containers in export:
Registration of export booking
1. A valid rate on date of vessel of departure is compulsory for placement of a new booking request
2. A booking request is submitted via http://www.cma-cgm.com/ on a desired vessel/voyage with indication of terminal of loading and the phrase: “NOMINATE VESSEL NOW" in the field: Booking Comments,
3. Within one hour You will receive a booking confirmation via e-mail on the desired vessel/voyage or another nearest possible vessel/voyage following the prescribed route and space available.
You will have two working days after date of booking’s registration for free correction of the nominated vessel/voyage.
Further, you will be charged 60 USD per booking under the tariff http://www.cma-cgm.com/local/russian-federation/tariffs-local-charges
If “Booking Comments” does not contain the phrase: “please nominate vessel now.’, that booking is linked to the dummy vessel/voyage with conditional date of arrival via the port of transhipment TAGANROG to expect your next request of vessel/voyage’s nomination as per the existing practice.
Booking validity date will be calculated from agreed week of empty equipment supply.
Booking expiration date will be calculated as per following rules:
Empty equipment release from Moscow depots: agreed week of empty release + 2 weeks, but within the same calendar month of agreed empty release week.
Booking is registered with release on week 19 (04-10/05/2020). In this case booking expires in the end of week 21 (24.05.2020)
Booking is registered with release on week 22 (25-31/05/2020). In this case booking expires in the end of week 22 (31.05.2020)
Empty equipment release from regional depots: Booking is valid within calendar month when empty equipment release agreed.
Booking is registered with release on week 19 (04-10/05/2020). In this case booking expires 31.05.2020.
Booking is registered with release on week 22 (25-31/05/2020). In this case booking expires 31.05.2020.
Empty equipment release from depots located St Petersburg or other Russian ports: agreed week of empty release + 2 weeks.
Booking is registered with release on week 19 (04-10/05/2020). In this case booking expires in the end of week 21 (24.05.2020).
Booking is registered with release on week 22 (25-31/05/2020). In this case booking expires in the end of week 24 (14.06.2020).
If empty equipment is not requested by customer within booking validity, such booking will be deleted automatically (with customer notification) and Agency fee applied in accordance with clause 2.13 http://www.cma-cgm.com/local/russia-agencies/tariffs-local-charges.
If number of containers actually requested by customer to release is less than initially announced at time of booking registration, number of containers in such booking will automatically decreased and Agency fee applied in accordance with clause 2.12 http://www.cma-cgm.com/local/russia-agencies/tariffs-local-charges
If empty equipment is not released due to lack in depot within agreed period, booking validity will be extended and new release week will be nominated.
The client can decrease quantity of containers in his booking not later than one week prior planned empty equipment release week.
Also we’d like to remind you some basic principles of booking/equipment handling:
Placing request for export booking through our WEB portal the Client must mention depot (region) where empty equipment is requested and desired release week. This information must be inserted into field “REMARKS”. Bookings without this information will be rejected automatically.
Empty equipment can be released based on written request from the Client only.
It is STRICTLY PROHIBITED to dispose of equipment which belongs to one of Shipowners of CMA CGM Group (CMA CGM, France, ANL, Singapore, APL, Singapore) without confirmation of CMA CGM RUS LLC.
We are sure that these measures will help us to provide quality service and eliminate export plans violations of our export Clients.
Terms of container transfer from cabotage for further usage in export
General rules for ‘cabotage+export’ scheme and scheme of empty container transfer from cabotage to export applicable for CMA CGM bookings without drop to the Line’s depot:[expand]
1. Send request for cabotage reference creation to the address:
Mailsgu.firstname.lastname@example.org (Moscow and regions)
Mailsgu.email@example.com (Saint Petersburg)
Request should look like the following example:
Please create cabotage reference for August 50*40HC Moscow-Yekaterinburg ‘cabotage+export’
1.1. With cabotage reference available please contact our equipment department for empty containers release under ‘export+cabotage’ scheme
1.2. Get empty containers released from Line’s depot against created release order
2. Once cabotage carriage is completed please send email request with the subject: ‘TRANSFER from cabotage to EXPORT// <Company name>// Reference #’ to:
with mandatory details in the body of the message as follows (respecting below mentioned format)
|Container No||Container type/ size||Release date||Depot||Cabotage reference||City of transfer to export (should be the same as mentioned in reference)||Date of transfer to export||Export booking No||Destination country in export|
• Cabotage reference should be valid at time of request for the transfer of container
• Containers Type/Size should match the one mentioned in Reference
• City name in your request should match the one mentioned in Reference irrespective of actual place of status transfer
• Export booking should be duly registered and valid at time of the request. Remarks should clearly state «Transfer from cabotage to export» (for non-technical bookings; pls apply to appropriate procedure)
• Quantity, type/size of containers in your request should not exceed the quantity in export booking
• Destination country in export should match Country name mentioned in export booking
• Date/week of transfer should match the week agreed at time of export booking registration
Terms of transfer
Date of container transfer from cabotage to exports equals the date of written confirmation of such a transfer
Working hours:(GMT +3)
Monday-Thursday 9-18 (9-17 in case of remote mode of work)
Friday 9-16.45 (9-15.45 in case of remote mode of work)
You will be charged for extra-time usage under cabotage terms in accordance with agreed rates and conditions against the cabotage reference assigned.
Transfer from cabotage to export is impossible on weekends. Usage of container in export is authorized against written confirmation from Equipment control department of CMA CGM Rus only.
Terms of container transfer from import for further usage in export
General procedure for transfer of empty container from import to export by CMA CGM bookings without delivery to the line depot (triangulation):[expand]
1. Unstuff import cargo to ensure suitability of container for transportation of export cargo.
2. Send an email request with subject: "TRANSFER FROM IMPORT TO EXPORT//EQ011" to the following contacts:
OBLIGATORY details to be mentioned:
- container number
- import bill of lading number, Carrier's name
- CMA CGM export booking number
- name of cargo
- date of transfer of the container for export
- place of transfer
- the country of destination in export
- "Herewith we confirm the acceptance of Line charge for the transfer: USD 150 per container //or another agreed figure”
- VAT No of Payer or name of the Payer in case of payment in foreign currency.
- Currency: USD//EUR//RUB (money rule: resident / rubles, non-resident/currency!)
The terms of the transfer:
• requests for transfers should be received only from the customer of export carriage of goods.
• The date of transfer from import to export is equal to the date of written confirmation of the transfer, but not earlier than the date of unstuffing of import cargo.
• CMA CGM RUS reserves the right to request documents which confirm the date of unstuffing of imported cargo.
• At weekends and outside office hours, the transfer is not carried out.
• The use of the container in the export is possible only after receiving written confirmation from the employee of the equipment control Department CMA CGM RUS.
If container is used without the written permission, CMA CGM RUS reserves the right to request the return of the empty container to the depot.
At the same time, the container will be charged for excess usage in accordance with the agreed terms of import carriage (Bill of lading) on which the container arrived to Russia.
Invoice dispute process
Dispute invoice is that invoice which needs to be amended as per Client’s (Principal’s) initiative except for cases where a payer is to be amended.
In case of necessity to amend any invoice, we request to send your query to Mailsgu.firstname.lastname@example.org
It is compulsory to indicate complete information in your query, such as:
- Topic of a query is to contain number and type (for which service) of dispute invoice, company name (as an example: Incorrect Invoice No. XXX - COMPANY NAME - Invoice type)
- Fill in and attach “Dispute invoice request.”
- Describe main grounds to amend dispute invoice with accompanied evidences, documentation (in any)
Upon internal treatment of the query details and evaluation its reasonability, your query will be assigned with one of the below mentioned statuses:
- Dispute rejected (approx. 24 hours for treatment)
- Dispute in progress (approx. from 3 till 7 days for treatment)
About the status, you will be informed by responsible staff with whom dispute adjustment can be maintained further.
We may exercise the right to decline queries submitted later than seven calendar days after the date of the invoice.
To get a discount from storage amount, firstly, the client must pay an invoice in due time per the agency agreement, then declare about the intention to get this discount by sending an official argued letter, but not later than five working days from date of invoice.
Based on this letter, Agent will send an appropriate request to the terminal. In case of positive answer, the discount amount will be refunded to your account. However, Agency fee is not refunded.
The letters are submitted later than five days will be considered exceptionally and without any guaranty of refund.
The “Invoice dispute request” application form is attached herewith.
If you have any questions, please contact your CMA CGM Sales manager.