West African coast: CMA CGM accelerates its expansion and strengthens West African services to Europe, Asia, Middle East and India
CMA CGM, a leading worldwide shipping Group, is pleased to announce a new step in its development strategy to the West African coast. Major Group’s services, linking the West African coast to its major economic partners of Europe, Asia, Middle East and India have been upgraded offering the Group’s clients optimum coverage, a new fleet, and improved transit times.
This new service offer is part of the Group’s growing strategy on the West African coast.
CMA CGM expands its port coverage between Middle East, India and the West African coast with the new MIDAS service
- The new MIDAS service calls at 7 West African ports from India and Middle East offering optimum port coverage on the West African coast.
- CMA CGM offers an extended coverage in India and Nigeria thanks to new calls in Nhava Sheva and Apapa.
- The line is operated in partnership with PIL.
CMA CGM offers a new weekly call between Northern Europe, Portugal and the West African coast with the upgraded EURAF 5
- CMA CGM has improved the EURAF 5 service frequency to weekly.
- New calls in Antwerp and Abidjan strengthen service coverage in Northern Europe and Ivory Coast, offering among the best transit times on the market from Abidjan for fresh fruit export.
CMA CGM deploys a 9,400 TEU-capacity fleet between the African West Coast and Asia, the area’s main trade partner
- A fleet composed of 13 9,400 TEU-capacity vessels, including 10 CMA CGM vessels, were deployed on the ASAF service from March 15th 2016. These vessels are the largest to call the African West Coast and offers the Group’s clients an optimum service offer on the market.
- 3 new calls in Coega (South Africa), Singapore and Tanjung Pelepas (Malaysia) upgrade ASAF’s port coverage and creates a larger offer for CMA CGM clients.
- This service is operated in partnership with Maersk.
CMA CGM strengthens its position and development on the strategic African continent thanks to this new offer and by unifying its activities in Africa under a unique brand since March 1st.
Thanks to its network composed of 74 offices in 43 African countries, CMA CGM offers its clients maritime and intermodal transportation solutions. The Group provides 27 direct services calling to African calling 163 ports. CMA CGM has been operating in Africa since 2001 and employs today more than 1,400 collaborators on the continent.
CMA CGM Africa Watch: your source of information about trade, transport, intermodal and exports in Africa. Subscribe to receive the latest reports.
Press contact (CMA CGM):