Entrepreneurship is fundamental to the economic development of a territory. It creates jobs and competitiveness. As an example of an exceptional entrepreneurial success, I wanted CMA CGM to contribute to the fundamental work carried out by Le Carburateur and to encourage these young entrepreneurs to undertake ambitious projects whose development I will follow.
CMA CGM unveils the 5 entrepreneurs who will benefit from the support of Le Carburateur, the incubator of the northern districts of Marseilles
CMA CGM Group, a leading worldwide shipping group, and Le Carburateur, an entrepreneurial center in the northern districts of Marseilles, unveiled the five winners who will receive financial support from CMA CGM, who will be taken care of by Le Carburateur.
The 5 winners are businesses related to the sea, transport and logistics sectors. They are:
- Smart Sailors: a mobile app that allows remote management of ships and aircrew.
- Bépého: a software allowing automatic shooting and editing of videos during races at sea.
- Mon Dev: a software managing and optimizing the carbon footprint of delivery vehicle fleets
- MLS: a logistics company for the supply of spare parts for ships of all sizes
- Azurea: a transport company dedicated to the transport of materials for the construction industry.
The jury was chaired by Rodolphe Saadé, CMA CGMs CEO who initiated the call for projects, and was composed of Muriel Bernard-Reymond, Le Carburateur’s Director, Didier Parakian, Business Manager and Deputy Mayor of Marseille for the Economy and Aline Cèdre, Project Officer at the Pôle Méditerranée.
CEO of CMA CGM Group
The financial support provided by CMA CGM will allow them to benefit from:
- the hosting of their business in Le Carburateur
- the follow-up of their business as well as advising and expertise
- constant networking to speed up the development of the company
"This contest was a very good experience, it generated a real enthusiasm. It took place with good mood and created rewarding and motivating encounters. Most of the candidates stayed in touch with us. We will keep supporting them. The winners are very enthusiastic and eager to settle in Le Carburateur, and I am delighted to welcome them," said Muriel Bernard-Reymond.