We received many applications and the selection was difficult. The 13 associations we have chosen have distinguished themselves by their innovative side and their desire to improve the daily life of children victims of trauma or illness.
3,200 children victims of trauma and illness will benefit in 2017 from CMA CGM Corporate Foundation’s call for proposals
- 13 French and Libanese associations rewarded
- The call for proposals was made under the motto : « Improving the daily lives of children victims of trauma and illness »
- Since its creation in 2005, the CMA CGM Foundation has supported almost 200 projects
The CMA CGM Corporate Foundation is pleased to announce the winning associations from its 2017 call for proposals "Improving the quality of life for ill children and children victims of trauma".
They are thirteen French or Lebanese this year, and their initiatives aim to improve the living conditions, well-being and development of children victims of trauma and illness.
The CMA CGM Corporate Foundation supports, among others, the financing of surgeries for children born with heart malformations, the equipment of a respiratory care room, a social initiation program for the arts of Circus for Syrian refugee children, or the equipment of a meeting space for parents and children to accompany visits and strengthen parenthood.
President of the CMA CGM Corporate Foundation
The following projects are will get support in 2017:
- Tout le Monde contre le Cancer: To support the operation "Toques en Truck", a stopover at the Aix hospital for culinary activities, in the company of famous chefs for children with cancer and their families.
- PREMA – Protection, Résilience, Education, Médiation, Art-thérapie: to buy of a 9-seater vehicle for school transportation, cultural outings, meetings with social workers, placement hearings, parent/child meetings, children victims of severe ill-treatment housed by the association.
- SOS Villages d’Enfants: to create of a Family House for parent-child meetings located in the SOS village of Marseille, where siblings are placed on a long-term basis by court order.
- Sourire à la Vie: to equip the Phare des Sourires in Marseilles, a day-care center, a sports and leisure center, an all-inclusive accommodation, for the care and rehabilitation of children with cancer, being treated, in remission or in palliative care.
- Compagnie Après la Pluie For the production of 1,000 video books and the creation, printing and production of books based on the stories made by hospitalized children with cancer during the association's visits to the hospital.
- Héroïc Séjours: To buy sound, light, projection of images, sets, costumes and accessories and computer equipment for individual and collective sessions which consist in proposing to children to create or participate in a fantastic story of which they are the heroes.
- Le Gai Rire: To buy office and computer equipment, musical instruments, accessories and costumes for clown interventions mainly at the CHU Nord de Marseille’s mother-child wing.
- Mécénat Chirurgie Cardiaque: For preoperative and postoperative check-ups, surgery, ambulance transport at La Timone hospital in Marseilles for two children with severe heart disease from countries where they can’t be taken care of.
And in Lebanon:
- CHANCE (CHildren AgaiNst CancEr): to fund the treatment of newborn babies, children and young Lebanese as well as (since 2011) Syrian and Iraqi refugees who suffer from cancer (blood diseases, Lymphomas, Leukemia) at Hôtel Dieu de France.
- Heartbeat : to pay for the surgery at the Saint Georges hospital in Beirut of 10 children (newborn and young Lebanese, Syrian and Iraqi children) born with heart defects.
- Assameh : to partly pay for a CT SCAN for the Pediatric Service of the Hospital of Quarantine in Beirut, whose diagnosis makes it possible to avoid the risks of handicap in premature infants and hospitalized children suffering from heart birth defects.
- Mission de vie: to create a room allowing young victims of trauma and living in a crisis situation to neutralize their aggressiveness with music, television, painting and various games.
- Les Enfants de la Méditerranée (L.E.M.): to support a social program of initiation to circus arts aimed at Syrian refugee children, who dropped out of school, in 8 camps located in South Lebanon.
Since 2005, the CMA CGM Corporate Foundation has supported nearly 200 social and humanitarian projects to provide concrete assistance to children living through hardship.