Republic of Guinea - Restrictions on vehicle imports
CMA CGM wishes to share the latest information received from the Government of the Republic of Guinea related to the restrictions imposed on imports and utilization of right-hand-drive vehicle and second-hand vehicle age limit. [Decree # D/2020/298/PRG/SGG and # D/2020/297/PRG/SGG]
Imports and utilization of right-hand-drive vehicle
Import and utilization of right-hand-drive vehicle is strictly forbidden by Republic of Guinea Governmental decree. It is subject to administrative sanction, penalty, destruction of the vehicle and re-exportation of said cargo to Carrier and consignee’s debit.
Second-hand vehicle age limit
Import of second-hand vehicle including car, motorbike, motorcycle, lorry, tractor, public works vehicle are subject to below regulations by Republic of Guinea. Non-respect is subject to administrative sanction, penalty, destruction of the vehicle and re-exportation of said cargo to Carrier and consignee’s debit
- Age 3 years maximum for motorbike and motorcycle
- Age 8 years maximum and Gross vehicle weight is below or equal to 3.5 tons
- Age 10 years maximum and vehicle is equal or over 7 seats
- Age 12 years maximum and vehicle for goods transportation gross weight is over 3.5 tons
- Age 12 years maximum for tractor and public works vehicle
Please do not hesitate to contact your usual local sales should you have any question.