Cargo to Mali
Due to restrictions imposed by the ECOWAS (Economic Community of West African States) against Mali, which are totally beyond CMA CGM Group’s control, please be advised that:
1 - Any new booking under Carrier Haulage to or from Mali are suspended until further notice, with the following exceptions :
- Food products ;
- Pharmaceutical products ;
- Medical materials and equipment, including those for the fight against Covid-19 ;
- Petroleum and electricity products.
The official list of the authorized commodities is available at https://www.ecowas.int/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/Final-Communique-on-Summit-on-Mali-Eng-080122.pdf
2 - Containers stuffed with authorized cargo listed above (import to or export from Mali) will be delivered at destination, as per Group’s Bill of Lading Terms and Conditions.
3 - Containers stuffed with non-authorized are prevented from being on carried to Mali by the ECOWAS decision. According to the clause 10 of our bill of lading, we hereby offer the following options :
- Return of the cargo to the port of loading or ;
- Take delivery of the cargo in port of discharge where the bill of lading will be accomplished ;
- Keep cargo on Merchant behalf under custody of CMA CGM within the limit of one month as from date of discharge at Merchant’s costs. During this period of time if sanctions are suspended/withdrawn, CMA CGM will be in position to perform the post carriage operations.
We remind that all additional costs and charges, including but not limited to return freight, storage, plugging, terminal handling charges, and all local demurrage charges, shall be for Merchant’s account and that Carrier shall not be liable for any loss of damage to cargo whatsoever arising out of this force majeure situation.