CMA CGM to improve its ASEA service between Asia and East Africa with the launching of ASEA Kenya and ASEA Tanzania
• Two different services, ASEA Kenya and ASEA Tanzania, will now accompany East African markets’ growth and replace the ASEA one single service
• Transit times from Asia will be significantly reduced, and the service global reliability improved
• CMA CGM tailor made intermodal and logistics solutions will connect African land-locked countries to Asia
CMA CGM Group is pleased to announce its Asia-East Africa (ASEA) service upgrade, starting December 2014, with the launching of two new services.
The ASEA service has been operated on one single service until now, and will be spread into two distinct services:
• ASEA Kenya, that will provide 4-days reduced transit times to Kenya on the following rotation: Singapore, Tanjung Pelepas, Port Kelang, Colombo, Mombasa, Colombo, Singapore
• ASEA Tanzania, that will provide 8-days reduced transit times to Tanzania, on the following rotation: Singapore, Tanjung Pelepas, Port Kelang, Colombo, Male, Port Victoria, Dar Es Salam, Colombo, Singapore.
A 2,800 TEUs vessel fleet will be deployed on the two services. These will be the largest capacity vessels in the area.
ASEA Kenya and ASEA Tanzania service specialization will:
- Provide the CMA CGM Group’s clients shorter transit times to Kenya and Tanzania
- Improve the offer to Somalia with weekly calls, instead of the bi-weekly country call operated until now
- Cover the Indian Ocean with bi-weekly calls in the Maldives and Seychelles islands
- Connect Asia to the following African land-locked countries: Uganda, Democratic Republic of Congo, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Burundi, Malawi, Rwanda, South Sudan
In addition to Kenyan and Tanzanian markets, the CMA CGM Group serves Mozambique with its two weekly services MOZEX and RHINO EXPRESS.
The CMA CGM Group has been accompanying the East African market development and adapting its strategy to its clients’ demands since 2007.
The ASEA Kenya and ASEA Tanzania implementation is in line with this strategy.
The CMA CGM Group’s presence is insured on the entire African continent through its commercial brands CMA CGM and DELMAS. CMA CGM and DELMAS lines complementarity led to service web and products transportation to Africa (from Europe, Asia, America, Middle-East and Indian Sub-Continent mainly) reinforcement.
About the CMA CGM Group:
The CMA CGM Group, founded and managed by Jacques R. Saadé, is currently the third largest container shipping company in the world and number one in France.
The Group’s turnover was 15.9 billion USD in 2013. Its current fleet of 443 vessels calls in more than 400 ports over the world and shipped 11.4 million TEUs (Twenty Equivalent Units) in 2013. With a network of 650 offices in 150 countries, CMA CGM has more than 18,000 employees, 2,400 of whom are based in Marseilles where it has its registered office.
Press contact (CMA CGM):