The CMA CGM LOIRE and CMA CGM URAL: two new vessels to enter the CMA CGM fleet
• The CMA CGM LOIRE and CMA CGM URAL: 5th and 6th vessels of a series of 28 ships of the same class
• An unprecedented Reefer plugs capacity for vessels of this size
• A vessel equipped with the latest environmental technologies
The CMA CGM Group is pleased to announce that the CMA CGM LOIRE and the CMA CGM URAL were delivered on February 5th, and entered the fleet on February 13th and 14th.
Those are the 5th and 6th vessels of the 9,400 TEUs to 10,900 TEUs series that will be delivered from now to the third quarter of 2016. The CMA CGM DANUBE, CMA CGM ELBE, CMA CGM LITANI and CMA CGM TIGRIS are the first of this series of 28 vessels named after famous rivers of the world, that started to be delivered on June, 30th 2014.
Sailing under the Malta flag and chartered vessels, the CMA CGM LOIRE and CMA CGM URAL were respectively built in the Chinese shipyards DSIC (Dalian, PRC) and NTS (New Times Shipbuildings, Jiangsu Province, People’s Republic of China).
The CMA CGM LOIRE has a nominal capacity of 9,365 TEUs and the CMA CGM URAL a 10,622 TEUs capacity.
300m in length and 48m in width, they were designed to offer a maximal loading capacity while respecting the technical constraints of the Bosphorus Strait.
With a capacity of 1458 reefer plugs 40’, which is the largest so far on such a ship, the vessels of this series embody the Group’s ambition to be a leader in this growing market.
The vessels will be positioned on two of the Group’s emblematic lines:
- Since February 13th, The CMA CGM LOIRE has been positioned on the « Bosphorus Express » (BEX), where the CMA CGM DANUBE, CMA CGM ELBE and CMA CGM LITANI have already been placed. She will call Dalian, Tianjin, Kwangyang, Busan, Shanghai, Ningbo, Chiwan, Yantian, Tanjung Pelepas, Izmit, Istambul Ambarli, Constanza, Odessa, Ilyichevsk, Port Said, Port Kelang, Singapore, and Dalian.
- On February 14th, the CMA CGM URAL joined the Mediterranean Club Express (MEX). She will call Shanghai, Ningbao, Yantian, Chiwan, Port Kelang, Malta, Valencia, Barcelona, Fos sur Mer, Malta, Salalah, Port Kelang, Xiamen, and Shanghai.
In line with the sustainable development policy of the Group, the CMA CGM LOIRE and CMA CGM URAL are equipped with all the latest environmental technologies which significantly reduce its C02 emissions, as well as the Group’s carbon footprint. More particularly, it is equipped with new bulbous bow shapes improving the hydrodynamics of the vessel at a speed of 16 to 18 knots.
As well as:
- An electronically controlled long stroke engine with an exhaust gas bypass system offering the best in fuel consumption
- A twisted leading edge rudder with bulb
- A ballast water treatment system.
About CMA CGM
CMA CGM, founded and led by Jacques R. Saadé is the world’s third largest and France’s top container shipping company.
Its 445 vessels call more than 400 ports in the world, on all 5 continents. In 2014, over 12 million TEUs (twenty-foot equivalent units) were carried.
CMA CGM has grown steadily and to offer its clients new and innovative sea, land and logistics solutions. Present in 150 countries, with a network of 650 agencies, the Group employs 20,000 people worldwide, including 2,400 in its headquarters in Marseilles.
Press contact (CMA CGM):