CMA CGM’s reefer experts have drawn up a list of advice from the moment a container booking is made right through to delivery at its final destination.
To place your booking, we request you to provide us the following information :
- Nature of the merchandise, quantity, weight
- Place of origin and final destination
- Type of packaging being used (crate, drum, pallet, etc)
- Temperature of transport required (specify °C or °F)
- Specific requirements (multi-temperature, cold treatment, etc.)
You want to place a booking, connect to our eBusiness portal
The packaging must :
- Be designed, manufactured and stowed in a way that ensures optimal protection of the goods
- Be able to withstand repeated handling in diverse and varied environments without damage
- Be able to withstand the vertical pressures incurred when piling up crates/cartons
- Allow good air circulation through the container to ensure optimum temperature control
The Pre Trip Inspection
PTI is a detailed inspection of the container and is meticulously carried out by our reefer experts to ensure that:
- The container is clean,
- The system is in working condition.
Specific PTI is done for pharmaceutical bookings.
To avoid the problems associated with condensation, pre-cooling is not recommended excepted in case of stuffing in cold store room.
Storage conditions guide
You will find below a comprehensive but not exhaustive list of the various products transported, as well as the parameters and recommended settings for each: temperature, air renewal volume, etc.
|If you have any questions, please contact our Customer Support|