2017 Call for proposals : Improve the quality of life for ill children and children victims of trauma
The CMA CGM Corporate Foundation for Children has launched its 2017 call for proposals. For this fifth edition, the Foundation will support projects aimed at improving the quality of life for ill children and children victims of trauma in France (Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur only) and in Lebanon.
Grants will be awarded through a call for proposals aimed at improving life conditions, the well-being and personal fulfillment of ill children or victims of trauma, on one of the following areas:
- Access to basic learning through the maintenance or re-establishment in school
- Access to cultural, sporting and recreational activities adapted to children’s abilities
- Support in favor of equipment and facilities for the conservation or re-establishment of family relations
- Support in favor of equipment to improve the quality of life in children’s welcome centers and care facilities
- Access to specific and surgical care for children who cannot be treated in their countries.
The specifications and application form are available on the Foundation website; all applications must be submitted online, until February 10, 2017. Warning: please use Google Chrome to submit your project.
The winners of the call for 2016 proposals: Promoting the personal development of children with disabilities
For the fourth consecutive year, the CMA CGM Foundation for Children has launched a call for proposals. The theme was "Promoting the personal development of children with disabilities." Fourteen associations in France and Lebanon were finally selected by the Foundation, the total amount of financial assistance amounting to € 140,000.
The CMA CGM Foundation for Childhood finally selected 14 associations out of the 59 applications received. 8 projects are carried out in France and 6 in Lebanon.
- 13 Accessible Association for creating a smartphone application for handicapped youths to enable them to locate themselves, and to view with one tap the accessible leisure, cultural and sport locations in the area where they are.
- Institut Médico-Educatif Mont Riant (Marseille) for the acquisition of alternative communication tools (workbooks and digital tablets) for mentally ill children and teenagers who cannot use clear speech or cannot speak at all.
- ADAPEI Var Méditerranée (Pierrefeu du Var) for the development of a safe home for autistic children aged 6 to 16 and allowing parents of severely disabled children to have qualitative family time.
- Le Pas (Caderousse, Vaucluse) Association for the purchase of a vehicle seating nine, to allow children aged 6 to 20 suffering from any kind of mental disorders, to access recreational and adapted physical activities offered by the association.
- Agir et vivre l’autisme (Marseille) for classroom equipment "as in school" with teaching material, within the ABA Medico-educational Institute in the Lacordaire school, intended for autistic children aged 0 to 16.
- Les Amis du CAMSP d'Aubagne for the development of an outside work space for motor skills development, within the Centre d'Action Médical Social Précoce of Aubagne which welcomes children aged 0 to 6 with physical or mental development disorder.
- La Bourguette Association (Montfavet, Vaucluse) for 17 tablets and software suitable for children aged 3 to 7 with autism.
- Phonambule Association (Rians, Var) for musical duos, in the form of mini-concerts for infants suffering from any kind of mental disorders.
- Al Younbouh for the provision of a Snoezelen room of 30m2 for children from 7 to 14 with mental deficiency.
- ACSAUVEL for the provision of a kindergarten for children 3 to 5 with Down syndrome and mental disability.
- Centre de la Providence Divine for a kitchen used as professional workshop for pastries for children and young adults from disadvantaged backgrounds and suffering from mental disabilities or Down syndrome.
- Orphan Welfare Society - OWS for the purchase of 400 musical instruments for 275 children aged 3 to 17, suffering from different disabilities.
- Bishmizzine High School for the acquisition of 2 interactive whiteboards, software and educational games for "Slow Learners" from 3 to 18 suffering from average or slight mental disabilities and learning difficulties.
- North Autism Center for the provision of a Sensory work out room for autistic children aged 5 to 14 in North Lebanon.
The winners of the call for 2015 proposals: promoting equal opportunities for children from disadvantaged backgrounds
For the third consecutive year, the CMA CGM Foundation for Children has launched a call for proposals. The theme was "Promoting equal opportunities for children from disadvantaged backgrounds." Thirteen associations in France and Lebanon were finally selected by the Foundation, the total amount of financial assistance amounting to € 140,000.
The CMA CGM Foundation for Childhood finally selected 13 associations out of the 77 applications received (an increase of 226% compared to the previous year). 10 projects are carried out in France and 3 in Lebanon.
- Launch of a school’s orchestra in the Frederic Ozanam Primary School, fighting against school failure in a deprived area - Association "Ambition Cité" (Marseille)
- Creation of an area to prepare meals and baby bottles for infants, in a Mother and Child Center welcoming women and infants in extreme precarious situations – Association ALC (Nice)
- Participation to the funding of the « Great Day of Holiday » for 500 children of South of France who have no access to holiday – Secours Populaire, Bouches-du-Rhône
- Financing a minibus for the dropout prevention program designed for college school leavers in the northern deprived areas of Marseille - association "ADDAP 13" (Marseille)
- Equipment of a residential center for the young homeless couples and their children. Association "Alternative Social Habitat" (Marseille)
- Computer and IT equipment for a Digital Space opened to children from the deprived areas in the North of Marseille
- Renovation of the premises of the association "Petitapeti" (Marseille), welcoming children for educational, cultural and academic support.
- Project for the prevention of illiteracy among infants with no access to books and reading for the association "Croco'Lire" (Arles).
- Equipment of the premises of "Môm'Arles" (Arles), an association that takes care of children from disadvantaged backgrounds, offering cultural and academic activities after school.
- Equipment of the premises of the "School of Parents and Educators in the Bouches-du-Rhône area” (Marseille), a Mediation Unit dedicated to the maintenance of family ties for children separated from their parents.
- Acquisition of digital interactive boards for the association "Salt of the Earth" to equip the Rachel Edde school in Sebeel, Northern Lebanon.
- Creation of a public school library in Northern Lebanon (Hermel) to promote access to reading for 2,000 Lebanese and Syrian refugee children - Association "COBIAC".
- Extension and rehabilitation of the Pediatric Hospital « Notre Dame de Kobayat » near to the syrian border - Association Hamap.
The winners of the 2014 Call for Proposals: 2,500 children of 8 French and Lebanese associations will benefit from the assistance of the CMA CGM Corporate Foundation for Children
At the end of its second call for projects, the Board of Directors of the Foundation has selected 8 projects from French and Lebanese associations responding to the theme "Improve the quality of life for ill children and children victims of trauma”.
- La Chaîne de l’Espoir (Marseille): hospitalization and accommodation expenses for 5 African children aged 18 months to 15 years.
- A Petits Sons (Marseille): acquisition of musical instruments to develop the creativity of 200 hospitalized children
- SICHEM (Toulon): school supplies and enrolment related costs of 33 Rom children
- Solidarité Enfants Sida (Marseille): the implementation of a nutrition project to benefit 50 children in nurseries and their families, a total of 150 people
- Zébra (Marseille): the acquisition of computer equipment and furniture for 41 teenagers
In Lebanon :
- Himaya (Beirut): computers, infirmary equipment and the purchase of a vehicle suitable for 640 children
- ASSAMEH (Beirut): workmanship and the acquisition of 30 pediatric services beds for 1500 children and premature babies
- The Brave Heart Fund (Beirut): surgical operations for children suffering from congenital heart disease for the association
The winners for 2013 Call for proposals: promoting the personal development of children with disabilities
In 2013, the CMA CGM Corporate Foundation launched its first call for proposals for projects on the theme of personal development of children with disabilities.
In France (PACA region):
- Zim Zam: purchasing a suitable vehicle to facilitate organizing circus workshops (Marseille and PACA region)
- La Bourguette (Le Petit Jardin): developing balneotherapy facilities in this resources center for children with multiple disabilities and autism (Avignon).
- La Chrysalide (Les Figuiers, a medico-educational center): equipping a kitchen adapted to teach children with multiple disabilities and autism (Marseille).
- ARI: purchasing an interactive touch screen for teaching children and teenagers with multiple disabilities (Marseille).
- Association Fouque (Saint-Ange Institute): purchasing equipment for a dojo (martial arts room), as part of sports facilities being developed here (Avignon).
- Friends of the Disabled Association: installing equipment to create a multisensory environment in a Snoezelen room for autistic children (Mechref, Chouf).
- Rayon d’espoir: equipping a games room for children with learning difficulties (Zahlé, Bekaa).
- Foyer de la Providence (Mosaïk Special Education School): equipping a covered playground in the school yard for children with learning difficulties (Saïda, South Lebanon).