Containers of Hope: the CMA CGM Corporate Foundation renews its humanitarian transport operation
Attentive to the humanitarian and social issues that affect many countries in the African continent, the Foundation decided to put the know-how and expertise of CMA CGM at the service of major French NGOs. It launched in 2012 a large humanitarian transport operation, Containers of Hope, which allows free shipping of hundreds of containers containing humanitarian material and equipment, on the lines and ships of the CMA CGM Group. The Foundation counts on the positioning of the Group in 160 countries, 765 agencies and 450 ports of call, of which 43 are in African countries.
In response to the needs expressed by its partners, the CMA CGM Corporate Foundation renews this initiative with Doctors without Borders, Action Against Hunger, Handicap International and with a new partnership signed with the French Red Cross.
2,500 tons of equipment sent to a dozen countries facing a humanitarian crisis
Since 2012, the Containers of Hope operation allowed to carry so far 330 containers representing 2,500 tons of equipment destined for nutritional or health programs implemented by Doctors without Borders, Action Against Hunger, Handicap International and the French Red Cross in nearly twenty countries:
- Fight against child malnutrition (Mali, Niger, Chad, Central African Republic, Nigeria, Somalia, Yemen and Pakistan);
- Mother and child health program ( Southern Sudan, Nigeria and Ivory Coast);
- Fight against Ebola (Guinea)
- Assistance to refugees and victims of conflicts (Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, Lebanon);
- Support to hospitals (Congo-Brazzaville);
- Water and sanitation programs (Democratic Republic of Congo, Liberia);
- Fight against malaria (Mali), fight against HIV and tuberculosis (Malawi);
- Educational support (Madagascar).
Map of countries reached by Containers of Hope
Conducted by the Corporate Foundation, the Containers of Hope operation is made possible by the mobilization of several dozens of staff members of the Group, from the Head Office in Marseilles, to local CMA CGM agencies, to all of the crews on the lines and ships of the Group.
For more information on this operation, we invite you to consult the press kit made for the launch of the operation in October 2012.
1500 disabled children to benefit from CMA CGM Corporate Foundation support in 2016 from call for proposals
The CMA CGM Corporate Foundation is pleased to announce the associations that were rewarded following its 2016 call for proposals under the theme “Encourage disabled children’s personal development”.