China – Operational Impact due to Coronavirus, Lunar New Year Holidays Extension (Update #4)
Dear Valued Customer,
Following our last advisory on February 4th, 2020, we would like to offer you our latest update on the outbreak of Novel Coronavirus in the Hubei province and any impact to CMA CGM Group’s operations in Mainland China.
Lunar New Year holiday extension
As the statuses on Lunar New Year holidays extension as announced by local governments continue to evolve, please refer to the local agency website at http://www.cmacgm.com/local/china for the most up-to-date information.
In view of the latest situation, our offices are now scheduled to be fully operational as of February 17th, pending further review. Nonetheless, we continue to provide essential services through the application of our Business Continuity Plan.
Detention and Demurrage Waiver - Clarification
Considering the exceptional circumstances, CMA CGM group will waive D&D charges at Mainland Chinese ports for the periods indicated below:
1) For containers already over their standard free time conditions, D&D charges will be waived from January 31st to February 9th inclusive.
2) For containers with free time ending before February 9th, D&D charges will be waived until February 9th inclusive.
3) The above waiver applies to:
- All inbound cargo arriving at any port in Mainland China, from any POL
- All outbound cargo loading from any port in Mainland China, to any POD
- All equipment types
- All cargo types
4) The above waiver excludes:
- Any charge not part of the carrier’s D&D tariff
- Terminal’s storage and plug-in charges – as per usual practice, please settle directly with each terminal
We would be very grateful for you to keep your sales and customer service contacts at CMA CGM group aware of your contingency and/or recovery plans. Rest assured that we will do our utmost to follow evolution of the situation and plan activities accordingly.
CMA CGM Group is fully committed to comply with any regulatory requirements and policies aimed at curbing the spread of the Coronavirus.
We will continue to keep you informed of any changes to the current situation.
We thank you for your business and continued support.