To ensure smooth and fast export procedures from Senegal, please find relevant reglementations below.
For more information, contact our Customer Service:
By phone: +221 33 849 92 00
Or by email:
No VGM = No load
From July, 1st 2016, the International Maritime Organisation (IMO) enforces SOLAS Convention. This Convention constrains all shippers to declare a VGM to the shipping company before loading. CMA CGM will not load a container if a VGM declaration has not been transmitted prior to VGM cut-off date. Please follow the steps below to declare your VGM.
VGM (Verified Gross Mass) is the gross mass of a container after stuffing and sealing. It needs to be verified by a certified method. In Senegal, ANAM is the competent authority to choose the method.
Following the ANAM's decision, all containers must be weighting on a certified weightbridge before loading.
VGM declaration process
Step 1: Get VGM
- Weighting of stuffed and sealed container on a certified weighbridge. TCD's weightbridge is certified.
- Each container must be weighted individually.
Step 2: VGM declaration
3 avalaible options to declare your VGM to CMA CGM:
- Via TCD: TCD offers a package including weighting + declaration for 35 000 F CFA per container. Please contact your usual sales representative.
- Via eCommerce: eBusiness tab on CMA CGM website allows you to declare your VGM fastly and free of charge.
- Manually: An excel file, available with your usual sales representative, is to be sent to
Step 3: VGM cut-off dates
VGM declaration must be transmitted to CMA CGM before the VGM cut-off date:
- Dry cut-off: 48h before ETA.
- Reefer cut-off: 24h before ETA.
- Tip: Anticipate as to not find your container unloaded.
Step 4: Loading
- After possible rectifications, CMA CGM will validate your VGM declaration.
- Loading of containers.
- In case of non-declaration: no loading and invoicing of all resulting costs to the shipper.
- Tip: Keep your weight certificate until unstuffing.