CMA CGM | Tanzania Intermodal
Our advanced intermodal solutions offer a wide inland coverage through Dar Es Salaam hub. We offer door-to-door services in Tanzania and African landlocked countries such as Zambia, Rwanda, Malawi, DRC & Burundi.
What is TBL?
TBL stands for Through Bill of Lading. It is a BL which covers the post transportation and transit clearance for shipment in transit to landlocked countries. CMA CGM lines will organise and monitor the delivery of the TBL shipment up to delivery point requested by client.
Benefit of using this service:
- No deposit of container.
- No line demurrage of container, although there is detention for late clearance at border or late to offload the cargo at site (see attached MEMO)
- Getting time to time update of clearance and movement of the cargo.
- Being closer to our destination office in case of any assistance.
How we operate:
- Receiving documents (packing list / Commercial invoice / Copy of OBL) from POL (mandatory see attached MEMO) or Destination office as assistance, if is personal effects / relief cargo / donation cargo no need of invoice only packing list with shows value of goods
- Process the documents as custom
- Payments of statutory charges at terminal / ICD, getting loading permit
- Loading on truck and move.
Transit destinations/origins: Zambia / Malawi / Dem Rep of Congo / Rwanda / Burundi.
We are also serving local shipment (within Tanzania) such as Kilimanjaro / Arusha / Mbeya / Mwanza / Iringa / Kigoma / Morogoro.
Tanzania / Dar es Salaam office:Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Zambia / Lusaka office:
Philip Chiputa - Mail email@example.com
Malawi / Lilongwe office:
Siliya Thoko - Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
DRC / Lubumbashi office:
Bienvenu Pezo - Mail email@example.com
Rwanda / Kigali office:
Aaron Nzeyimana - Mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Burundi / Bujumbura office:
Samuel Were - Mail email@example.com
For more information, download our local and transit flyers below: