Import of used vehicles in Democratic Republic of the Congo
Effective June 17th, 2013, a regulation imposed by Ministry of Commerce and Ministry of Transports of Democratic Republic of the Congo will apply to imported second-hand vehicles.
Decree #12/041 enforced by the Government of the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) fixes the rules on the age limit and conditions of used vehicles imported into DRC.
- imported second-hand cars or buses (below 10 seats) must be less than 10 years old,
- imported second-hand buses (10 seats and more) and vans must be less than 7 years old,
- imported second-hand lorries must be less than 10 years old.
Moreover, importers have to provide the below documents for customs clearance prior loading at port of origin:
- original car registration document or legal copy,
- legal conveyance certificate,
- original vehicle inspection certificate or legal copy of the country of origin.
Should the imported vehicles not comply with this decree, they will be destroyed or re-exported at cargo expenses.
This regulation concerns the entire territory of the Democratic Republic of the Congo, East Africa and West Africa entry corridors.
For more information, please contact your local CMA CGM office.