CMA CGM TIKAL: doubling loops for a better coverage
CMA CGM is pleased to announce the official launching of the new TIKAL services, a “two slings” solution covering West Coast Central America.
Commencing September 5th, 2013, with MV HS SMETANA (Voy. IK124R) in Manzanillo (Mexico), and aiming a better coverage and operational efficiency, the new TIKAL services will deploy two weekly slings:
- TIKAL 1 will cover Costa Rica and Guatemala from Mexico, and will be operated along following rotation: Manzanillo (Mexico), Puerto Quetzal (Guatemala), Puerto Caldera (Costa Rica), Manzanillo.
- TIKAL 2 will cover Guatemala, Salvador, Honduras and Nicaragua from Mexico, and will be operated along following rotation: Manzanillo (Mexico), Acajutla (Salvador), Corinto (Nicaragua), San Lorenzo (Honduras), Puerto Quetzal (Guatemala), Manzanillo.
With this combination, CMA CGM will offer its customers:
- a better coverage of the area with improved transit times, both eastbound and westbound (see below charts for some examples),
- a unique hub in Mexico at Manzanillo i/o Lazaro Cardenas, facilitating relay for all cargo from Asia to Central America,
- a double weekly call at Manzanillo (SSA & Ocupa terminals), optimizing connection from our two Asian to West Coast services,
- a coverage of Honduras with San Lorenzo call, opening the hinterland up to Tegucigalpa area,
- a coverage of Manzanillo to WCCA market.
For more information, please contact your local CMA CGM office.