Opening of CMA CGM ABU GHRAIB new dry port in Baghdad
Further to its initial announcement in March 2013 (please refer to CMA CGM Customer NewsReport #88), CMA CGM is pleased to inform its customers that the new dry port in Abu Ghraib, Iraq, will open for business and start operations as of first week of October 2013.
This new facility will be the only bonded dry port available in Iraq, located in Abu Ghraib, 40 km away from Baghdad. This new facility will give CMA CGM’s customers the opportunity to custom clear their cargo near Baghdad instead of Umm Qasr port (served by the CMA CGM dedicated FAS GULF OMIR fixed-day weekly service connecting the Iraqi port with Khor al Fakkan hub) or alternative border points of entry, at competitive prices.
Services and advantages:
- Fast in bond transit time from all Iraqi borders (Umm Qasr / Trebil / Zakho / Al Walid),
- Railway connection,
- Customized deliveries to client premises,
- Custom clearance in Abu Ghraib for incoming cargo from all points of entry in Iraq,
- Clear formalities / less expenses,
- Faster inspection / scanning by customs with modern scanner,
- Storage facilities for dry and reefer cargo,
- Logistics/CFS solutions tailored to customers’ needs,
- 24 hours surveillance and security.
With this new and exclusive dry port, CMA CGM offers its customers a safer, faster, and more competitive service increasing their business opportunities and confirming its dedication to serving the Iraqi market.