Elisabeth Borne and Rodolphe Saadé inaugurate ZeBox, a new start-up incubator and accelerator in Marseilles
ZeBox: a new incubator, aiming to become a world reference in innovation
Initiated by CMA CGM, ZeBox is a human-sized incubator and accelerator with two objectives:
- Support start-ups throughout their development by immediately projecting them into an international dimension;
- Enable large companies to benefit from the innovations developed by these start-ups in their respective business sectors.
It will be able to house 15 start-ups for a 12 to 18 month period. A fast-track programme will be launched by the end of the year to support 8 start-ups over a period of 6 to 8 months.
A sound and initial network of partners: CMA CGM, Accenture, BNP Paribas, Centrimex and EY Start-ups housed by ZeBox benefit from a strong network of partners as in major French and international companies from different and complementary backgrounds such as CMA CGM, Accenture, BNP Paribas, Centrimex and EY. This channel will provide start-ups with expertise and give them access to an international network to support their development.
The first 5 start-ups incubated
As of now, ZeBox has launched its incubation program and already hosts 5 start-ups. Three of them are from the South of France:
- altGR develops tools to automate data-scientists' tasks. Its objective: to democratize data science;
- Smart Sailors develops digital solutions and interfaces for optimal management of ship fleets, crews and cargo stocks in all maritime-related sectors;
- SailEazy is developing a stable and intuitive mobile platform for the rental of high-performance sailing yachts moored on the French coast.
Two from abroad:
- Triend, founded in Lebanon, allows travel reservations via social networks and optimizes the relevance of recommendations by exploiting and optimizing the opinions collected by the platform;
- Transpare, founded in Morocco, is developing an international freight transport marketplace
On the occasion of the inauguration of ZeBox, Rodolphe Saadé, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of CMA CGM Group and President of ZeBox, said: "The close relationship between major groups and start-ups creates value. With our current partners and all those who wish to join this exceptional adventure, we will offer start-ups unique support and give them access to an unprecedented international network. Our ambition is for ZeBox to become an essential element of innovation in France and around the world."
Elisabeth Borne, Minister in charge of Transport, stated: “The French government believes that innovation is a major force in addressing economic and ecological challenges in transport, logistics and mobility. ZeBox incubator will be one of these strengths. It is in line with the CMA CGM Group's vision of 21st century shipping, focused on digitalization. With this new ambition, CMA CGM is once again making our country proud”.