CMA CGM strengthens its African offer
CMA CGM is pleased to announce significant improvements to its global offer to and from Africa thus confirming its dedication to serving this dynamic and growing market.
Thanks to its long standing experience and expertise in Africa, CMA CGM Group will provide its customers with upgraded services and increased port coverage combined with tailor-made intermodal solutions.
In addition to the new eastbound Maputo call on ASAF service, (ref. CMA CGM Customer NewsReport #91, May 7th, 2013) CMA CGM will upgrade the following services:
CMA CGM adds a Durban call on its fixed-day weekly MIDAS service:
The new MIDAS service, connecting India and Middle East Gulf with South and West Africa, adds a weekly WB call at Durban. It will be effective on June 23rd, 2013, at Mundra with MV ALBERT RICKMERS Voy. MU655W.
This additional call will offer to CMA CGM customers a new and direct access from India and Middle East Gulf to Durban and the land-locked Southern Africa countries, as well as some of the most competitive transit times in the market.
MIDAS service will offer:
- 3 weekly and direct calls in Republic of South Africa
- Durban on the westbound voyage
- Cape Town and Port Elizabeth in the eastbound voyage
- Inland connection: CMA CGM provides land transport solutions to/ from Lusaka, Harare, Bulawayo, Gaborone, Maseru and hinterland of RSA via Durban gateway.
(Reminder: in West Africa, CMA CGM provides land transport solutions to Chad and Cameroon via Douala).
- South African exporters will benefit from a direct link to the West African ports of Luanda, Pointe Noire, Apapa/Tin Can Lagos and Douala and a relay service to Matadi, Libreville, Lobito, Boma, Soyo and Namibe via dedicated CMA CGM feeder.
- Fast-track to Southern Africa
The upgraded MIDAS service will be operated along the following schedule:
Mundra (Sun/Sun) – Khor al Fakkan (Wed/Wed) – Jebel Ali (Thu/Thu) – Durban (Tue/Wed) – Walvis Bay (Mon/Mon) - Luanda (Fri/Fri) – Pointe Noire (Mon/Tue) – Apapa/Tin Can Lagos (Fri/Sat) – Douala (Sun/Mon) – Cape Town (Wed/Wed) – Port Elizabeth (Sat/Sat) – Mundra.
CMA CGM rationalizes its East African services with new Swahili Express:
CMA CGM aims at improving and rationalizing its offer covering India, Middle East Gulf to East Africa.
CMA CGM has decided to merge its two services connecting Middle East Gulf and India with East Africa, the KENYA EXPRESS service and the TANZANIA EXPRESS service into the new fixed-day weekly SWAHILI EXPRESS service.
The salient points of the direct SWAHILI EXPRESS, effective June 15th, 2013 at Jebel Ali with MV ESL DAR ES SALAAM Voy. 2S099S:
- Reliable transit times as no port congestion.
- Direct and weekly service to and from Kenya, Mombasa port, and Tanzania, Dar Es Salaam and Zanzibar ports.
- Cargo from India is being relayed via Khor al Fakkan hub by CMA CGM fixed-day weekly operated feeder.
- Cargo originating from Europe, Med, and Red Sea using CMA CGM global service network will be relayed in Khor al Fakkan on SWAHILI EXPRESS (13 weekly CMA CGM services connect in Khor al Fakkan)
- CMA CGM provides land transport solutions to/from Uganda and South Sudan via Mombasa corridor. To/from Burundi, DRC, Malawi, Rwanda and Zambia via Dar Es Salaam corridor.
SWAHILI EXPRESS is operated along following schedule: Jebel Ali (Sat/Sun) – Khor al Fakkan (Mon/Tue) – Mombasa (Wed/Sat) – Dar Es Salaam (Mon/Wed) – Zanzibar (Mon/Thu) - Jebel Ali.
Nhava Sheva via Khor al Fakkan relay.
For more information, please contact your local CMA CGM office