CMA CGM Foundation launches its 2021 call for proposals under the theme of “Encouraging innovation in youth education”
- Education is at the heart of the CMA CGM Foundation’s work and of that of its 2021 call for proposals.
- Online applications are open to non-profit organizations in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region until March 31, 2021.
- CMA CGM Group employees will be closely involved in selecting and supporting the non-profit organizations.
The CMA CGM Foundation, under its President Tanya Saadé Zeenny, is launching its ninth call for proposals, this year with the theme of “Encouraging innovation in youth education.” This year’s theme fits with the Foundation’s new “Education for All” focus, aiming to help children and young people find their place in tomorrow’s world through education.
The program has an overall budget of €150,000, which will be used to support non-profit organizations that help children and young people up to the age of 25 in the Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur region.
The selected projects will show innovation in education, addressing the following themes:
- Digital teaching, remote learning and support;
- Innovative teaching methods and new digital learning tools;
- Preventing children and young people from dropping out of education and becoming socially isolated;
- Development of personal skills, self-confidence and self-sufficiency;
- Community-led initiatives promoting engagement among children and young people;
- Combating stereotypes when choosing education and career options.
As part of the CMA CGM Group’s skills sponsorship program, employee volunteers will assess proposals, and then support and work with the non-profit organizations selected.
By focusing on new forms of education in its 2021 call for proposals, the CMA CGM Foundation intends to continue and increase its commitment to creating a more inclusive society and to encourage innovation in education. Since its creation, the Foundation has supported more than 300 projects in France and Lebanon, helping tens of thousands of children. In 2020, the theme of the call for proposals was “Making a commitment to education,” and the CMA CGM Foundation Prize was awarded in France to L’Ecole au Présent. Non-profit organizations La Fabulerie, Formation et Métier, Ambition Cité, Institut de l’Engagement, Contact Club, Espace Pédagogie Formation France, AFEV and Article 1 also received support from the Foundation.
When launching the ninth call for proposals, Tanya Saadé Zeenny, President of the CMA CGM Foundation, said:
“In the current context of the Covid-19 pandemic, education is a central concern as we seek to address the long-term consequences of the crisis and the needs of non-profit organizations in our communities. With this new call for proposals, we want to support non-profit organizations that are developing innovative and digital ways of increasing access to education.”
How to apply:
To submit a proposal, go to the Foundation’s website at https://www.cmacgm-group.com/en/foundation/our-actions/call-for-proposals. Proposals must be submitted via the online platform, which is open from February 11, 2021 until March 31, 2021