CMA CGM to improve its service between East Africa and Europe by upgrading its NOURA EXPRESS service
Following its core strategy of continuous Africa Lines service upgrade, CMA CGM is pleased to present its latest significant improvement on its NOURA EXPRESS service connecting East Africa with Europe.
Starting end of November 2015 with m/v MARIE DELMAS, NOURA EXPRESS fixed-day direct service from Kenya and Somalia will be upgraded with a weekly direct call at Salalah (Oman). First call is expected on December 12th, 2015. This service extension will allow smooth and fast connections from Salalah to Europe with EPIC service.
Operated with 4 vessels up to 2,750 TEU for a 28 day-rotation, NOURA EXPRESS service upgrade will bring the following benefits on the East Africa-North Europe trade:
- Direct call for Mombasa exports to North Europe with very competitive transit times
- New positive development for reefer cargo from Mombasa to Rotterdam in 29 days
- Transit time from Mogadishu to North Europe improved by 6 days
- Excellent opportunity for commodities out of Uganda and Rwanda. Transit time Kampala-Hamburg in 44 days.
Port coverage will be the following:
Mombasa - Mogadishu - Salalah > Southampton - Rotterdam - Hamburg - Antwerp - Dunkirk - Le Havre
In addition to the improved and competitive transit time from Eastern Africa to the strategic North Europe market, CMA CGM is upgrading its service from Eastern Africa to Mediterranean destinations:
- Weekly service from Mombasa to West Mediterranean with improved transit time up to 8 days
- New transit time from Mombasa to Barcelona in 31 days, to Marseilles in 30 days
- Fast and smooth connections at the transhipment hubs of Malta and Tanger to reach other Mediterranean destinations
- Excellent service for export commodities from Uganda and Rwanda to Mediterranean destinations
Port coverage will be as follows:
Mombasa - Mogadishu - Salalah > Malta - Livorno - Genoa - Marseilles - Barcelona - Valencia